Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Blog Assignment #1

I think that when it comes to technology, I definitely am a person who seeks out new technology and I like to be the first one to own it. I work at an electronics store where I constantly see upgrades and new technology and I am always fascinated but what will come next. I wish this was not the case because it is not a great interest when it comes to the pocketbook but for some reason new technology has a hold over me where I need to have it. I use technology more than any of my friends and I don't know how I would get anywhere in town without having a GPS to guide me.

When it comes to radio use, I do not use the medium at all and the only person in my family who does is my father. I don't know if having the radio to use CD's or the inputs count because I have all my music on my Iphone and use my radio to play it in my car. I have on occasion used it to listen to some sports games but this is the only time I have ever used the radio. I honestly do not see much of a future for the radio other than in the car. I see many radios in people's homes but it is mostly for emergency use only in case there is a tornado warning. I used to listen to the radio when I was in high school but now my favorite radio station has a podcast of their morning show so I don't have any need to listen through commercials. The only thing I fear is that commercials and advertising pay for radio so if no one advertises, I don't get to listen to my podcast any longer. I just believe there are too many apps or forms of entertainment available for the radio to survive in the future.  


No comments:

Post a Comment