Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blog Assignment #2

I listen to music and other forms of entertainment on a few devices in my life. The first and most used item would be my Iphone. It is the source of all my entertainment running through iTunes. I think my use comes mostly from the Gratification Perspective because it is very convenient to have all my movies and music on one device that I can take anywhere I go. It allows me to never become board while walking around or waiting in line for things. I also listen to the radio once in a while but I mainly use my radio to listen to media on my phone. I listen to music and podcasts almost any time that I am going somewhere. If I drive anywhere, I am listening to something. I also listen to media when I jog or go shopping. I feel like my life has too much media in it but it is very difficult to try to cut any of it out.

I definitely feel as if people do not really have any interpersonal communication while walking through UofL's campus. I am guilty of this too but it seems that everyone has headphones in and no interaction among the students take place. I keep my head down and listen to my phone and when I do look up, almost every student is doing the same thing. They are either listening to their music or doing something on their phones.

As far as the type of media that I listen to through my phone, it is somewhat mixed. I listen to music but no where near as much as all other forms of media. I like music but it is not as entertaining to me as podcasts or movies are. I listen to a number of different podcasts. They are mostly of mix of sports talk and comedy podcasts. I find them very entertaining and I like to to laugh more than listen to music. I am addicted to getting my sports talk fix so I listen to almost any ESPN feed or NFL or NBA podcast available. It gives me a way to catch up on my teams and sports when I do not have time through the internet or television. I don't know what I would do with my time driving or doing errands or even walking around campus if my podcasts were taken from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment